Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Monday 19 September 2011

t-3 weeks!

..... til Corvo
Can't wait! The thought of Yanks hiding in those valleys has me agog already.
In reality, there'll come a year when the weather is wrong and I'll see nowt but let's not entertain such thoughts.... what else is there to look forward to?
To be fair, September at home has been pretty decent birding. Lots of visible migration of Siskin, Redpoll and Mipits and a few nice waders. Two Pecs and a Little Stint were todays offering. I guess the lack of a fall has made it seem disappointing but there's time yet before I leave for The Azores... though last year all hell broke loose after I'd gone (REV, Bluetail, etc, etc...).
Hey ho, you can't be in two places at once. Here's on of the Pecs... Pic by Martyn Sidwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment