Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Corvo 2011....

.... as I bugger about moving house, the first birders have arrived on Corvo for the 2011 season.
I knew there would be stuff to be found following Hurricane Katia and a series of less severe depressions so was prepared.... Even Scillies had scored ;-)
However, the first afternoon of searching produced two birds I could have done without! A Yellow-crowned Night Heron is likely to stay I'd have thought, meaning I wasted a few hundred quid last month with my Madeira twitch and a Dicksissel which isn't, meaning I miss out on a WP mega....

Today will be their first look into the valleys.... god help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment