Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Thursday 17 March 2011

Spring time at Saltholme


What, with Sand Martins and Wheatear at Saltholme, spring must finally have arrived :-)





Spent some time there today, trying to photograph displaying Great-Crests but they'd obviously worn themselves out before I arrived!




At least I managed a decent shot of Wren - well the best I've managed to date - though a bit distant really (so over enlarged).

Off to Ireland overnight to see (well, hopefully see) the wintering White-winged Scoter......

Now I hope it still thinks it's winter and not spring yet!!




No comments:

Post a Comment