Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Scaling Dam.......


... or should that be damn!

seems, no matter how nice the weather is down in the real world, a trip up onto the moors at Scaling will guarantee a freezing cold wind. I (in general at least) hate the place!

The purpose of my visit was to try and photograph Willow Tit, as part of my latest craze, to capture as many as Cleveland's bird species as possible, http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=664017434&aid=290025 a project still very much in its infancy. No Willow Tits wanted to play this morning but the light around the feeding station was gorgeous, as shown by this Greenfinch, looking superb as it comes into breeding 'smartness'.
The Slavonian remains too though the angle of the light here made pics very difficult. It's well into attaining summer plumage now, so given a couple of weeks and some kinder light, i can see me making another trip up there. Twice in a month???






No comments:

Post a Comment