Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year!!


2011 has started with a nasty bout of 'flu but finally got out today.

A nice walk round Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park removed some cobwebs but provided little in the way of birding highlights but a drake Ring-necked Duck on Dormans Pool at least provided one decent year tick. Crap light and distant views, so no bird photograph of the year award for this one :)


A little less than three weeks to get fit before my first trip of the year... Western Sahara. At least four WP ticks await and I'm really looking forward to it! I just love desert birding. With Azores booked for the autumn I need to find a nice family / birding destination for late winter or spring to fill up the calendar.......

No comments:

Post a Comment