Welcome to my birding diary....

... here you'll find a variety of pictures, local birdnews, Western Pal bits and bobs and a load of ranting about stuff I haven't seen :)

Hope you enjoy this and look forward to comments / abuse....

Monday 25 April 2011

Gropper at last!



With all and sundry getting shots of the Grasshopper Warblers at Dormans Pool, some of which are brilliant, the temptation to join the throng and get my own pic has been difficult to resist. However, the disturbance caused there has put me off more than a little and so I was determined to find my own obliging individual, a plan which finally payed off this morning when this little beauty posed for me in Hargreave's Quarry...


This was the pic I'd been after for a while so was chuffed to get a chance at last.

Yesterday, news was leaked of a Hoopoe which had been visiting a farmyard for the previous three days. A quick dash to the site was rewarded with this shot, in poor light but not too bad really...

No comments:

Post a Comment